Racing Victoria’s Saddle Up School Holiday Program is a fun and engaging all day program, providing a range of horse-related activities for primary
aged children which is held at Victoria’s most picturesque racecourses over each of the school holidays.
Get your kids out of the house and enrol them in this April holidays edition where they will learn to ride a horse, meet a thoroughbred horse and a jockey, learn from one of racing’s leading race callers and much more.
The Autumn Series will provide a range of activities for each child taking part in the program including:
• Saddle Up and learn to ride a horse on the grounds of an iconic racecourse
• Meet a jockey and thoroughbred horse for a pre and post race demonstration in the mounting yard
• Design their own noodle horse, jockey colours and goggles to compete in the Saddle Up Cup
• Horse themed sports activities ranging from jockey soccer, horse hockey to tail tag and much more
• Meet and learn from one of racing’s leading race callers on what it takes to commentate a big race
• Tour one of the racecourse grandstands and get the opportunity to call a phantom race
• Have their photo taken with their parents and an iconic trophy
All activities are facilitated by Racing Victoria and Kelly Sports with a cost of $80 per child per day including GST.
The next edition of Saddle Up will be held in April over the following dates and racecourses.
• Tuesday 9 April - The Valley
• Wednesday 10 April - Cranbourne
• Thursday 11 April - Geelong
• Monday 15 April - Flemington
• Tuesday 16 April - Werribee
• Wednesday 17 April - Mornington
To book your children into the Saddle Up School Holiday Program Autumn Series please visit www.kellysports.com.au and search by postcode the program you’d like to book with the following options available:
• The Valley (3039)
• Cranbourne (3977)
• Geelong (3219)
• Flemington (3031)
• Werribee (3030)
• Mornington (3931)
Children are encouraged to bring the following:
• A drink bottle to refill throughout the day
• A packed lunch for the main lunch break and snacks for morning and afternoon breaks
• Please avoid foods that may contain nuts, wheat, dairy, eggs etc
• Suitable Autumn weather clothing and items such as hats, sunscreen, a jumper, and perhaps something for wet weather
The Saddle Up Autumn Series will operate from 8.30am – 5.30pm on the following dates and racecourses: