Today’s Traralgon race meeting has been abandoned on safety grounds due to concerns with the stability of the rail owing to high winds.
Racing Victoria (RV) stewards and riders elected to abandon the meeting after a section of the rail fell prior to the first race.
Consultation with the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) indicated that the conditions would remain similar throughout the afternoon, thus ruling out the viability of delaying the meeting.
RV Racing Operations will review the racing program on Monday, 5 November to determine whether any of the abandoned races will be rescheduled.
In the interim, horses in today’s abandoned races may be entered as extended nominations until 4pm tomorrow (Sunday, 4 November) for the race meetings at Kyneton (Wednesday, 7 November), Pakenham and Warrnambool (both Thursday, 8 November).
RV’s standard abandonment fee will be paid to riders and the connections of each horse.