Tomorrow's Cranbourne meeting transferred to Moe

Racing Victoria (RV) wishes to advise that tomorrow’s meeting at Cranbourne has been transferred to Moe due to the condition of the track.

The Cranbourne track was inspected by Stewards today who advised of a wet patch between the 650m and 500m mark which is currently unsafe for racing.

Given the forecast for today and tomorrow, it is unlikely this section of the track will improve and therefore the decision was made to transfer the meeting to Moe which is currently rated a Heavy 8. All scratchings for this meeting have been reinstated with trainers having until 7:30am tomorrow morning to withdraw their horse. 

Moe Racing Club were also scheduled to host a meeting this Saturday, 7 August however as a result of taking tomorrow’s transfer this will now be moved to Bairnsdale.

With Saturday’s meeting being transferred, nominations will be reopened for the Bairnsdale meeting until 12noon tomorrow with acceptances closing at 9am on Thursday, 5 August.

The updated programs for the Moe and Bairnsdale meetings are as follows:

Moe - Wednesday 4 August

RACE CONDITIONS

DISTANCE

PRIZEMONEY

Field Limit Changes

R1. 3YO Maiden Plate

1200m

$35,000

10- No Change

R2. Maiden Plate

1200m (was 1300m)

$35,000

13+4- No Change

R3. Maiden Plate

1600m

$35,000

13- No Change

R4. F&M BM70 Handicap

2050m (was 2080m)

$35,000

8- No Change

R5. BM70 Handicap

1600m

$35,000

9- No Change

R6. BM70 Handicap

1200m

$35,000

9- No Change

R7. BM64 Handicap

1200m (was 1300m)

$35,000

13+1- No Change

R8. BM64 Handicap

2050m (was 2080m)

$35,000

12- No Change

 

Bairnsdale - Saturday 7 August

RACE CONDITIONS

DISTANCE

PRIZEMONEY

3YO Fillies Maiden Plate

1200m

$25,000

Maiden Plate

1000m

$25,000

Maiden Plate

1200m

$25,000

0-58 Handicap

1000m

$25,000

0-58 Handicap

1200m

$25,000

0-58 Handicap

1600m

$25,000

BM64 Handicap

2200m (was 2400m)

$25,000