Racing Victoria (RV) wishes to advise of a change to the biosecurity protocols in place in Victoria to allow for the safe continuation of racing and training during the COVID pandemic.
The protocols serve to protect the health of industry staff, participants and the wider Victorian community; maintain 25,000 full-time equivalent jobs; and ensure daily care and exercise can be afforded to all thoroughbred racehorses.
This change to industry protocols comes following changes announced by the Victorian Government.
Orange Zone Entry Requirements
The Victorian Government has announced changes to the requirements for people entering Victoria from orange zones, noting that the requirement to first obtain a Government travel permit still remains for all people entering Victoria.
RV advises that, in addition to any Victorian Government directives, the following Victorian racing industry protocol applies for all orange zone entry requirements with retrospective effect from 11.59pm (AEDT) on 19 October 2021:
- All licensed, registered or permitted persons arriving from an orange zone must isolate and return a negative COVID test in the first 72 hours of arrival if they wish to enter a licensed premises or racecourse within Victoria and are subsequently cleared to do so by RV under industry protocols (refer (d)). In addition, these interstate participants must be fully vaccinated to enter a licensed premises or racecourse within Victoria;
- All licensed, registered or permitted persons must travel from the orange zone to Victoria via a private vehicle, private bus or privately chartered aircraft if they wish to be cleared by RV to access a licensed premises or racecourse in Victoria upon provision of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of their arrival;
- Any licensed, registered or permitted person who travels from an orange zone to Victoria via a commercial aircraft must isolate and provide negative tests within 72 hours of their arrival and on day six within Victoria before they will be cleared by RV to access a licensed premises or racecourse in Victoria;
- All licensed, registered and permitted persons must provide RV with evidence of their test results following entry to Victoria and await official clearance from RV Stewards before being permitted to enter a licensed premises or racecourse in Victoria; and
- Any licensed, registered or permitted person granted a permit, exemption or exception to enter Victoria from an orange zone is required to:
- email email@example.com or call RV Stewards and advise accordingly prior to their arrival within the state; and
- provide proof of their vaccination status by completing RV’s COVID Vaccination Status Form prior to their arrival.
RV continues to monitor the situation both interstate and within Victoria and will make changes to the industry’s biosecurity protocols as required to ensure the safe continuation of racing and training in Victoria.
Where changes are made further updates will be provided, so please remain alert to further communications from RV and/or the Victorian Government.
All participants in Victoria are asked to follow all public health advice and to stay home and get tested if they, or any close contact, is unwell and displaying any COVID-19 symptoms.