Racing Victoria (RV) Stewards, subsequent to their investigation, have issued the following charge under the Australian Rule of Racing 240(2) against licensed trainer Ms. Rebecca Waymouth, the trainer of Maliepo (the Horse), following the Horse winning Race 7 at Moe Racecourse on 6 July 2023.
Charge: AR 240 Prohibited substance in sample taken from horse at race meeting
(2) Subject to subrule (3), if a horse is brought to a racecourse for the purpose of participating in a race and a prohibited substance on Prohibited List A and/or Prohibited List B is detected in a sample taken from the horse prior to or following its running in any race, the trainer and any other person who was in charge of the horse at any relevant time breaches these Australian Rules.
Particulars of Charge
- On 6 July 2023, the Horse was brought to the Moe Racecourse and was engaged to race in Race 7, the Ladbrokes Hub Benchmark 64 Handicap over 1008 metres (the Race).
- On 6 July 2023, after the Race, a urine sample was taken from the Horse (the Sample).
- An analysis of the Sample detected the presence of Trendione.
- Trendione is a prohibited substance pursuant to Division 1 of Part 1 of Schedule 1 (Prohibited list A) of the Australian Rules of Racing.
The presence of Trendione was detected in the Sample by both Racing Analytical Service Limited and the Australian Racing Forensic Laboratory.
Trendione is a an anabolic androgenic steroid and is a banned substance at all times in accordance with the Australian Rules of Racing.
The charge issued against Ms. Waymouth will be heard before the Victorian Racing Tribunal on a date to be fixed.