Racing Victoria (RV) wishes to advise that tomorrow’s Stony Creek meeting has been abandoned owing to the impacts of wet weather.
Stony Creek has received 40ml of rain in the past 24 hours resulting in surface water on the track and flooding in the mounting yard and float car park.
With rain not expected to stop until late this evening, the decision has been made to abandon the meeting. Transfer options were investigated however none were deemed suitable.
Horses that remained in the fields can nominate as normal entries at Wangaratta (Thursday), Pakenham (Thursday), Hamilton (Friday), Cranbourne (Friday), Flemington (Saturday) and Woolamai (Saturday) by 5pm today.
RV’s Racing Operations team have reviewed the program and decided additional races were not required at this stage but will divide races across meetings from Thursday to Sunday if required for horses to gain a start.