- Super VOBIS is the initial program to VOBIS.
- Offers bonuses on all 2YO & 3YO TAB races in Victoria and stayers maidens for all ages of horses
- Nominators of VOBIS horses receive a bonus as well as the ownership group
- Metro Saturday - $30,000
- Metro Week - $15,000
- Country - $12,000
- Group and Listed Races $10,000 nominator bonus only
All Super VOBIS bonuses are split over runners finishing first (70%), second (20%), and third (10%). Each placegetter’s bonus is then further distributed between the owner, nominator, trainer and jockey.
Click here to download the full VOBIS bonus breakdown.
There are three categories in which a horse may be eligible for Super VOBIS.
Category A – Victorian Sired: A foal sired by a stallion which stood in Victoria during the respective year’s breeding season.
Nomination Fee: $660.00 inc. GST
Category B – Breedback: A foal that is not eligible for 'Category A' and whose dam was served by a stallion which stood in Victoria during the following year’s breeding season.
Nomination Fee: $1,320.00 inc. GST
Category C – Victorian Breeder: A foal that is not eligible for 'Category A' or 'Category B' and is at least 50% owned by a Victorian based breeder at the time of the foal’s birth. The foal and dam must each have resided in Victoria for at least six (6) continuous months after the foal was born and until the closing date of Super VOBIS nominations.
It is important to note that Category C nominations are heavily monitored and we require proof of eligibility. Such evidence may include, yet not be limited to:
1. Invoices for veterinary services
2. Agistment bills for the foal and dam
3. Invoices for farrier bills
4. Micro-chipping invoices relating to the foal
5. Invoices for the foal and dam
6. Ardex files nomination
Nomination Fee: $1,980.00 inc. GST
2020 Yearling Sales Catalogue Deadlines
Planning to sell at the 2020 yearling sales? To ensure your yearling’s pedigree page carries the Super VOBIS logo at the 2020 sales, nominate to Super VOBIS prior to the catalogue deadlines. Click here
to view the dates.