Racing Victoria (RV) wishes to advise of a change to the biosecurity protocols in place in Victoria to allow for the safe continuation of racing and training during the COVID pandemic.
This change to industry protocols comes following Victoria reaching the 80% vaccination milestone yesterday and the resumption of international travel into Australia today.
Entry to Victoria from outside the State
RV advises that the following Victorian racing industry protocol applies for all interstate and international licensed, registered and permitted persons from 11.59pm (AEDT) on 1 November 2021:
- must comply with all relevant Federal and State Government published testing and permit requirements, both prior to departure for and after arrival within Victoria, and any other additional requirements RV may impose in respect of the zone in which they have travelled from and publish at racingvictoria.com.au;
- must be fully vaccinated and provide evidence thereof to RV before travelling;
- international arrivals must provide a negative COVID PCR test within 72 hours prior to their departure for Victoria; another negative COVID PCR test within 72 hours of arrival in Victoria; and satisfactorily answer a health questionnaire, if they wish to enter a licensed premises or racecourse within Victoria and are subsequently cleared to do so by RV under industry protocols (refer (f));
- interstate arrivals from any zone other than a green zone must provide a negative COVID PCR test within 72 hours of arrival in Victoria and satisfactorily answer a health questionnaire if they wish to enter a licensed premises or racecourse within Victoria and are subsequently cleared to do so by RV under industry protocols (refer (f)).
- where possible, travel to Victoria by a private vehicle, private bus or privately chartered aircraft is strongly recommended;
- all licensed, registered and permitted persons must provide RV with evidence of their test results and await official clearance from RV Stewards before being permitted to enter a licensed premises or racecourse in Victoria; and
- Any interstate and international licensed, registered or permitted person granted a permit, exemption or exception to enter Victoria from anywhere other than a green zone is required to:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org or call RV Stewards and advise accordingly prior to their arrival within the state; and
- provide proof of their vaccination status by completing RV’s COVID Vaccination Status Form prior to their arrival.
RV continues to monitor the situation both interstate and within Victoria and will make changes to the industry’s biosecurity protocols as required to ensure the safe continuation of racing and training in Victoria.
Where changes are made further updates will be provided, so please remain alert to further communications from RV and/or the Victorian Government.
All participants in Victoria are asked to follow all public health advice and to stay home and get tested if they, or any close contact, is unwell and displaying any COVID-19 symptoms.