Tomorrow's Wangaratta meeting rescheduled to Monday

Racing Victoria (RV) wishes to advise that the race meeting scheduled at Sportsbet-Wangaratta tomorrow (Friday, 5 August) has been rescheduled to Monday, 8 August owing to the impacts of wet weather.

RV Stewards inspected the track today (Thursday) and determined it would not be suitable for racing due to surface water.

The track received 25mm of rain overnight, taking the total rainfall at Wangaratta in the past 48hrs to 40mm.

With a further 13mm of rain forecast for the rest of today (Thursday) and up to 10mm forecast tomorrow (Friday), Stewards determined the track will not sufficiently dry-out in time for racing tomorrow.

With no appropriate transfer locations available due to wet weather and the current racing schedule in the northeast, the decision was made to postpone the meeting as the track is expected to dry out by Monday.

As a result of the rescheduled meeting, some minor changes to the race times have been made. Race order, distances, field limits, and acceptances remain the same.

All scratchings have been reinstated, with trainers having until 7:30am AEST on Monday to scratch their horses free of charge.

The amended times for the meeting are as follows: