Warrnambool transferred to Casterton
Racing Victoria (RV) has announced that the meeting scheduled for Warrnambool tomorrow has been transferred to Casterton due to the condition of the track owing to Victoria’s wet weather.
RV stewards inspected the Warrnambool track this morning and deemed that it is unsuitable for racing tomorrow due to surface water.
The Warrnambool track was rated a Heavy 10 yesterday before receiving 14mm of rain overnight thus bringing its weekly total to more than 60mm.
Casterton was rated a Soft 7 at 10am this morning having received 9mm of rain overnight for a weekly total of just 16mm. The rail will be in the true position.
As a result of the transfer, there will be distance changes to the following races:
1. Hotker Electrical Maiden Hurdle – 3480m (was 3200m)
2. TAB Maiden Hurdle – 3480m (was 3200m)
3. South West TAFE 1JW Hurdle – 3480m (was 3200m)
4. Pontings Home Timber & Hardware Steeplechase – 3800m (was 3450m)
5. Lifetime Trophies BM120 Steeplechase – 3800m (was 3450m)
9. Melbourne Marriott BM58 Handicap – 1800m (was 1700m)
Field sizes, prizemoney and race times remain unchanged at Casterton with all early scratchings reinstated.